Job Title: Contract Installation Manager (CIM)
Reports To: Program Manager (PM)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date: September 2019
Where: Multiple Locations
The Contractor Installation Manager (CIM) is responsible to the Contractor’s Program Manager (PM) for the efficient and effective operation of the Soldier for Life-Transitioning Assistance Program (SFL-TAP) Center. The CIM serves as the leader of the contractor’s team and will also work as advisor/counselor to assist clients with navigating the required mandates to become Career Ready and to track progress of those transitioning. The CIM is also a responsible for providing SFL-TAP services to eligible individuals and complying with the requirements of Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) and Career Readiness Standards (CSR).
Essential Functions of the Position
- Serve as the primary point of contact with the Government and manage operations at the installation level.
- Coordinate, and ensure VOW/CRS services are conducted and documented in accordance to PWS.
- Assist with marketing the SFL-TAP, participate in marketing and public affairs activities.
- Prepare required monthly reports and administrative documents.
- Serve as the contractor’s intermediary for communications with the Installation Commander and his or her representatives.
- Create an effective working relationship with Commanders, installation staff and leaders, and Service Providers.
- Plan and direct employer outreach programs.
- Ensure Preparation Briefings are scheduled and properly executed.
- Ensure that the DD Form 2648 (eForm) is completed for each transitioning client.
- Perform follow-up on individual transition plans as appropriate.
- Comply with installation rules and regulations applying to the operation of any facility including regulations applying to, but not limited to safety, security, and energy conservation.
- Help clients use the automated and non-automated resources effectively. Provide instruction on automated tools to include TAPXXI.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of VOW/CSR mandates and requirements.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software.
- Proficient skills in management and training.
- Maintain methods and techniques for professional record keeping and writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, conflict and mediation skills.
- Leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to research, collect data and possess excellent reporting skills.
- Ability to effectively plan, implement, and manage assigned programs and functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to exercise a great deal of independent judgement.
- Ensure that staff provides high quality customer service and transition counseling services to SFL-TAP Center clients.
- Coordinate site visits headquarters staff members. Inform and assist the DGR in making necessary arrangements. Serve as a liaison with area agencies, colleges and vocational schools.
- Ensure that all contractor employee’s complete all mandatory Government training (to include annual requirements) and safeguard PII.
- Review work performed in TAPXXI by counseling staff; review progress of transitioning clients and work with Government representatives whenever issues with Commanders prevent transitioning clients from using SFL-TAP program.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the personnel and materials.
- Master’s degree PREFERRED in Training and Development, HR Management, Counseling, or related field and minimum 2 years career counseling, education, or related experience. Bachelor’s Degree accepted with experience.
- Applicants must successfully undergo a background investigation (National Agency Check).
- S. Citizen
- Experience managing personnel at one or more sites. Ability to meet and correspond regularly with a Government counterpart.
- Experience coordinating transition activities with the local DGR to support overall mission goals. Accountable for ensuring requirements accomplished in accordance with the PWS/ PRS and completed on time at all sites.
- Experience safeguarding confidential information, handling PII and complying with the Privacy Act and all applicable agency regulations on individual privacy, to include DoD Directive 5400.
- Experience conducting QC checks and ensuring training requirements are met.
- Experience working directly with clients.
Red River Science & Technology, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.