Where: Los Angeles, CA
The Quality Control Inspector will provide information on matters associated with personal property operations. This position observes, documents, and evaluates carrier and contractor performance in moving personal property of DoD personnel.
• Manage performance during packing, crating, loading, shipping, unloading, uncrating and unpacking at owner’s residence.
• Inspect vehicles for proper function, ensure packing materials are clean, correct packing methods are applied, the types and sizes of cartons/containers are appropriate, and materials used in the packing process are appropriate.
• Responsible for assisting with the initial qualification inspections of agent’s facilities applying to participate in the DoD Personal Property program.
• Resolve controversial procedural problems involving entitlements of DoD members.
• Inspect vendor warehouses periodically to determine that the storage methods protect against fire, flooding, insects, vermin, and is receiving adequate fire and police protection.
• Survey vendor warehouse for fire hazards, security violations and document inspection results.
• Perform weight/reweighs on shipments as required and maintain records.
• Complete monthly inspection reports.
• Advise members on proper claim procedures how to check for evidence that proper packing methods were used, and to annotate carrier/agent performance.
• Contact freight terminals to correct misdirected or mismarked shipments for correct delivery.
• Prepare reports of damage property using photographs as evidence of improper packing methods.
• Ensure employees understand company policies for the proper preparation of personal property for the shipment and/or storage of specialized items for domestic and overseas locations.
• Ensure employees adhere to applicable laws, rules and regulations.
• High school diploma and 3 years of experience or Associate Degree or higher.
• Knowledge of the full range of transportation policies, practices, procedures and techniques of personal property management, entitlements for shipping and storage.
• Knowledge of regulations, directives, local operating procedures, and governing entitlements, concerning shipment and storage of personal property.
• Knowledge of documentation required for domestic or foreign shipments.
• Knowledge of transportation instructions and regulations that relate to the movement of a wide range of specialized shipments.
• Knowledge of automated transportation systems.
• Knowledge of DoD and AF transportation instructions.
• Knowledge of Microsoft software applications, tools and techniques to support office operations.
• Able to speak, read, write, and understand English proficiently.
• Strong customer service skill and client focus.
• Ability to independently recognize, trouble-shot and resolve problems.
• Skill in fact-finding, problem analysis, problem resolutions, and development of solid actins plans to resolve problems.
• Ability to gather, present fact, and communicate effectively.
• Possess the ability to plan, organize work, and meet deadlines.